For those of you who visit the 360° Minute, thank you. This week I thought I would change things up a bit and share with you one of my favorite recipes, my wife, Suzanne makes….Apple Pie. Family and friends enjoy it and I hope you will too.
Suzanne’s Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie or any pie crust of your choice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Honey Crisp apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- Good dash of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust or cover with pie pastry and make 5 slits in the top to vent.
- Brush the crust with egg wash
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.